Latihan Materi Present Continuous Tense
A. Write the Examples on Each Sentence Form in Present Continuous Tense!
- Positive sentence (3 examples)
- Negative sentennce (3 examples)
- Interogative sentence (3 examples)
- Interogative sentence with question word (3 examples)
B. The Sentences on the Right Follow Those on the Left. Which Sentence Goes with Which?
|1 Please don’t make so much noise. |
2 We need to leave soon.
3 I don’t have anywhere to live right now.
4 I need to eat something soon.
5 They don’t need their car any more.
6 Things are not so good at work.
7 It isn’t true what they say.
8 We’re going to get wet.
|a I’m getting hungry. |
b They’re lying.
c It’s starting to rain.
d They’re trying to sell it.
e It’s getting late.
f I’m trying to work.
g I’m staying with friends.
h The company is losing money.
|1 > F |
C. Write Questions by Using the Present Continuous!
- What’s all that noise? What’s happening? (what/happen?)
- What’s the matter? Why are you crying? (why/you/cry?)
- Where’s your mother? ____________________(she/work/today?)
- I haven’t seen you for ages. ____________________ (what/you/do/these days?)
- Amy is a student. ____________________ (what/she/study?)
- Who are those people? ____________________ (what/they/do?)
- I heard you started a new job. ____________________ (you/enjoy/it?)
- We’re not in a hurry. ____________________ (why/you/walk/so fast?)
D. Put The Verb into the Correct Form! Positive (I’m Doing) or Negative (I’m not Doing)!
- Please don’t make so much noise. I’m trying (I/try) to work.
- Let’s go out now. It isn’t raining (it/rain) any more.
- You can turn off the radio._________________ (I/listen) to it.
- Kate phoned last night. She’s on holiday with friends. _________________ (She/have) a great time and doesn’t want to come back.
- Andrew started evening classes recently. _________________ (He/learn) Japanese.
- Paul and Sarah have had an argument and now_________________ (they/speak) to one another.
- The situation is already very bad and now_________________ (it/get) worse.
- Tim _________________ (work) today. He’s taken the day off .
- _________________ (I/look) for Sophie. Do you know where she is?
- The washing machine has been repaired. _________________ (It/work) now.
- _________________ (They/build) a new hospital. It will be finished next year.
- Ben is a student, but he’s not very happy. _________________ (He/enjoy) his course.
- _________________ (The weather/change). Look at those clouds. I think it’s going to rain.
- Dan has been in the same job for a long time. _________________ (He/start) to get bored with it.
Referensi: English Grammar in Use, Fifth Edition, by Raymond Murphy
Author: Muhammad Rifai