Latihan Materi Present Perfect Tense
A. Read the situations and complete the sentences using the present perfect! Choose from these verbs:
break – disappear – go up – grow – improve – lose – shrink – stop
- Tom is looking for his key. He can’t find it. Tom has lost his key.
- Maria’s English wasn’t very good. Now it is better. Her English _________________.
- My bag was here, but it isn’t here any more. My bag _________________.
- Lisa can’t walk and her leg is in plaster. Lisa _________________.
- Last week the bus fare was £1.80. Now it is £2. The bus fare _________________.
- Dan didn’t have a beard before. Now he has a beard. Dan _________________.
- It was raining ten minutes ago. It isn’t raining now. It _________________.
- I washed my sweater, and now it’s too small for me. My sweater _________________.
Baca juga: Jasa Penerjemah Tersumpah
B. Put in been or gone!
- My parents are on holiday. They’ve gone to Italy.
- Hello! I’ve just______________to the shops. I’ve bought lots of things.
- Tom has just______________out. He’ll be back in about an hour.
- Alice isn’t here at the moment. I don’t know where she’s______________ .
- You’re very late. Where have you______________?
C. Complete the sentences using the present perfect!
- Sally is still here. She hasn’t gone (she/not/go) out.
- I can’t find my bag. _________________ (you/see/it) anywhere?
- I can’t log on to the website. _________________ (I/forget) my password.
- I sent Joe an email this morning, but_________________ (he/not / reply).
- Is the meeting still going on, or_________________ (it/finish)?
- _________________ (the weather/change). It’s colder now.
- _________________ (you/not/sign) the form. Could you sign it now, please?
- Are your friends still here, or_________________ (they/go) home?
- Paul doesn’t know what he’s going to do. _________________ (he/not/decide/yet).
- ‘Do you know where Julia is?’ ‘Yes, _________________ (I/just/see/her).’
- ‘When is David going away?’ ‘_________________ (he/already/go).’
- a: _________________ (your course/start/yet)?
b: Not yet. It starts next week.
D. Read the situations and write sentences with just, already, or yet!
- After lunch you go to see a friend at her house. She says, ‘Would you like something to eat?’
You say: No thank you. I’ve just had lunch. (have lunch)
- Joe goes out. Five minutes later, the phone rings and the caller says, ‘Can I speak to Joe?’
You say: I’m afraid_____________________. (go out)
- You are eating in a restaurant. The waiter thinks you have finished and starts to take your plate away.
You say: Wait a minute! _____________________ . (not/finish)
- You plan to eat at a restaurant tonight. You phone to reserve a table. Later your friend says, ‘Shall I phone to reserve a table?’
You say: No, _____________________ . (do it)
- You know that Lisa is looking for a place to live. Perhaps she has been successful.
You ask her: _____________________? (find)
- You are still thinking about where to go for your holiday. A friend asks, ‘Where are you going for your holiday?’
You say: _____________________ . (not/decide)
- Laura went out, but a few minutes ago she returned. Somebody asks, ‘Is Laura still out?’
You say: No, _____________________. (come back)
Referensi: English Grammar in Use, Fifth Edition, by Raymond Murphy.
Author: Muhammad Rifai