Latihan Soal Materi Present Perfect Continuous Tense
A. Write a question for each situation!
- You meet Kate as she is leaving the swimming pool. You say: Hi, Kate. (you / swim?) Have you been swimming?
- You have arrived a little late to meet Ben who is waiting for you. You say: I’m sorry I’m late, Ben. (you / wait / long?) _________________________________________.
- Jane’s little boy comes into the house with a very dirty face and dirty hands. His mother says: Why are you so dirty? (what / you / do?) ______________________________________.
- You are in a shop and see Anna. You didn’t know she worked there. You say: Hi, Anna. (how long / you / work / here?) _____________________________________.
- A friend tells you about his job – he sells phones. You say: You sell phones? (how long / you / do / that?) ______________________________________________.
Baca juga: Jasa Penerjemah Tersumpah
B. Read the situations and complete the sentences!
- It’s raining. The rain started two hours ago.
It’s been raining for two hours.
- 2 We are waiting for the bus. We started waiting 20 minutes ago.
We__________________________________ for 20 minutes.
- I’m learning Japanese. I started classes in December.
- Jessica is working in a hotel. She started working there on 18 January.
____________________________________ since 18 January.
- Our friends always go to Italy for their holidays. The first time was years ago.
C. Put the verb into the present continuous (am/is/are + -ing) or present perfect continuous (have/has been + -ing)!
- Maria has been learning (Maria / learn) English for two years.
- Hi, Tom. _____________________________________(I / look) for you. I need to ask you something.
- Why_____________________________________ (you / look) at me like that? Stop it!
- Rachel is a teacher. _____________________________________ (she / teach) for ten years.
- _____________________________________ (I / think) about what you said and I’ve decided to take your advice.
- ‘Is Paul on holiday this week?’ ‘No, _____________________________________ (he / work).’
- Sarah is very tired. _____________________________________ (she / work) very hard recently.
- It’s dangerous to use your phone when_____________________________________ (you / drive).
- Laura_____________________________________ (travel) in South America for the last three months.
Referensi: English Grammar in Use, Fifth Edition, by Raymond Murphy
Author: Muhammad Rifai