Pre-Test Grammar Corner Level 2 October 2020
A. Complete the Sentences! Choose from:
|I agree||I apologise||I insist|
|I promise||I recommend||I suggest|
Baca juga: Jasa Penerjemah Tersumpah
- Mr Evans is not in the office today ____I suggest ___you try calling him tomorrow.
- I won’t tell anybody what you said ________________
- (in a restaurant) You must let me pay for the meal________________
- ________________for what I said. I shouldn’t have said it.
- The new restaurant in Baker Street is very good. ________________ it.
- I think you’re absolutely right________________with you.
B. Complete the Sentences! Choose from:
|was looking||was wearing||wasn’t listening||weren’t looking|
|was snowing||was working||were sitting||were you going|
- Today Helen is wearing a skirt. Yesterday she ___was wearing___trousers.
- ‘What did he say?’ ‘I don’t know. I________________’
- We________________at the back of the theatre. We couldn’t hear very well.
- This time last year Steve________________on a farm.
- They didn’t see me. They________________in my direction.
- The weather was bad. It was very cold and it________________ .
- I saw you in your car. Where________________ ?
- I saw Kate a few minutes ago. She________________for you.
C. Put the Verb into the Correct Form, You can Use Tenses of Present Perfect or Past Simple!
- ___It stopped___ raining for a while, but now it’s raining again. (it/stop)
- The town where I live is very diff erent now. ___It has changed___ a lot. (it/change)
- I studied German at school, but________________ most of it now. (I/forget)
- The police________________ three people, but later they let them go. (arrest)
- What do you think of my English? Do you think________________ ? (it/improve)
- Are you ready to go? ________________ your coff ee? (you / finish)
- ________________for a job as a tour guide, but I wasn’t successful. (I/apply)
- Where’s my bike? ________________ outside the house, but it’s not there now. (it/be)
- Quick! We need to call an ambulance. ________________an accident. (there/be)
- a: I’ve found my phone.
b: Oh, good. Where________________it? (you/find)
a: ________________at the bottom of my bag. (It/be)
- a: Ben won’t be able to play tennis for a while. ________________his arm. (He/break)
b: Oh. How________________? (that/happen)
a: ________________off a ladder. (He/fall)
D. Complete the Sentences with I will + a Suitable Verb!
- ‘How are you going to get home?’ ‘I think ___I will take__ a taxi.’
- ‘It’s cold in this room.’ ‘Is it? ________________on the heating then.’
- ‘Are you free next Friday?’ ‘Let me see. ________________ my diary.’
- ‘Shall I do the washing-up?’ ‘No, it’s all right. ________________ it later.’
- ‘I don’t know how to use this phone.’ ‘OK, ________________ you.’
- ‘Would you like tea or coffee?’ ‘________________coffee, please.’
- ‘Are you coming with us?’ ‘No, I think________________ here.’
- ‘Can you finish this report today?’ ‘Well, ________________, but I can’t promise.’
Raymond Murphy: English Grammar in Use (Fifth Edition)
Author: Muhammad Rifai